FROG-4000 VOC Analyzer
- Designed for portable analysis of VOCs in water, soil, and air.
- Can be used as a portable GC PID for environmental testing in the field, in a mobile lab, portable lab, or in a commercial environmental lab.
- System has a micro preconcentrator, micro gas chromatographic (GC) column, and a photoionization detector (PID).
- FROG-4000 scrubs ambient air to use as the carrier gas.
- Display provides VOC identification and concentration.
- SD cards stores field analyses.
- Chromatography software for data analyses.
Defiant Technologies’ FROG-4000TM is a hand held micro system for detection of benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, and xylenes (BTEX) and other volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in water, air, and soil.
The FROG-4000TM miniaturizes components used for analytical chemistry. The system incorporates a micro preconcentrator that is coated with a designer nanoporous material. The micro preconcentrator has an integrated heater for thermal desorption. Defiant’s micro GC separates target analytes in less than 5 minutes. The micro GC column also has an integrated heater for temperature ramp chromatography. Ramping the temperature reduces the analysis time and aids in the separation of late eluting compounds. The detector is a miniature PID (10.6 eV). Chemical name and concentration can be viewed on FROG-4000’s LCD display, or the user may watch the chromatogram real time on a computer. FROG-4000TM includes a micro-SD card to store results from the field. Data can be downloaded from the SD card for further analysis at a later time.
- Groundwater Monitoring
- Surface Water Monitoring
- Soil Monitoring
- Environmental Remediation
- Site Characterization
- Adaptable for IAQ
- Process Monitoring
|Non methane organic compounds (NMVOCs)
|Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs)
|Computer Interface||Standard RS-232 port or USB.
|Display||2.1 x .75 inch LCD
|Cycle Time||Five Minutes
|Carrier Gas||None, ambient air is carrier gas
|Dimensions||10 x 7.5 x 14.5 inches|